How Kyso helps to connect stakeholders and drive more data-driven actions around your business
Different teams within organisations endeavour to analyse both project and company-wide data but struggle to make their insights widely available inside the business since the tools that they use - Jupyter notebooks and Github to name but a few - are only used by the technical members of these teams. And this leads to scattered knowledge.
How does this happen, you ask?
- Since these tools used for technical analyses are not accessible to everyone, results need to be converted into other formats before they can be shared. This leads to a disconnection of results.
- There is no formalised system for different teams in various departments across the organisation to engage with each other because communication flows in one direction only, from one tool to the next and from one team to another.
- This means results are shared only upon request and on a one-to-one basis over email or chat, in presentations and meetings, meaning there is no wider-scale discovery happening.
- More time is spent searching for and requesting access to reports that are relevant to other would-be stakeholders around the business.
- Insights that SHOULD have repeat-use value become lost to the email archive or to the Slack history channel.
- This means that the same work is repeated over & over again across different teams.
- By needing to convert results into other formats, knowledge becomes desynchronised from the data itself.
- Teams are generating new project ideas without any structured input from other stakeholders across other departments.
- Employees and departments that could have benefited from certain data insights never actually discover them, leading to lost business value.
The solution - Kyso
Kyso is your company’s knowledge hub for all data-based reporting and discussion. Because we integrate with all the standard data science tools, there is barrier to adoption, and data teams can continue with their existing workflow. Once their organisational version control system (VCS) is connected with Kyso, the computation to publication of results becomes automatic. On the non-technical side of the business, access to insights is democratised. Reports are posted to a team's Kyso dashboard where everyone can read, learn, and apply these insights to their own respective roles. Previously siloed data insights and discussion are can now be transformed into action.
Your organisation can now truly begin to leverage value created by democratising access to all projects, insights and discussion. In this way, we are bridging the communication gap that exists between different teams and departments around the business.
Knowledge becomes consolidated
- Dated one-to-one sharing is replaced by wholesale publishing & collaboration.
- Everyone in the company can now discover reports naturally and use them to take action in their own space.
- Integration with technical tools means they remain the single source of truth, maintaining version control and reproducibility
Everyone around the business is empowered
- Employees are encouraged to learn from your business data, discuss results across teams, ask questions and provide feedback.
- Analytics teams can learn what does and doesn’t work for other stakeholders much faster.
- Everyone can now contribute to greater business value by making more data-informed business decisions.
How does it work?
Let's take a quick look at an example workflow. ACME Inc. is a large pharmaceuticals company that, among other things, is doing R&D for a vaccine to the coronavirus.
1. A discussion is created for all to see
Somebody in the #healthcare team poses a question to the general channel about the results on the latest vaccine trials.
2. Someone else might have the answer..
This sparks a debate and someone from another department is pulled into the discussion, who may have worked on the project.
3. They run the numbers and pull in the report
Both the report and all discussion & collaboration on that report are forever linked.
4. Sometime later, someone else is looking for a similar answer
Results are discoverable across the entire organisation. Other business stakeholders who, before such a system was adopted, would never have access to these kinds of reports created by various other teams around the business, located on opposite ends of the world.
The most important takeaway here is that knowledge is not the results and reports alone, but also the conversation that those results inspire, which are forever linked and searchable.
Well that's it for now. I hope you have enjoyed this brief presentation of Kyso, who we are and the problems we look to solve for teams and companies. If you are interested in learning more, feel free to book a 30 min demo with me at a time that's convenient for you:
Note that we are currently running a giveaway - a 2-month free trial to companies of all sizes for all those that complete a brief product review on the demo call.
For anyone interested in the specific benefits of adoption, check out the list below for some of the currently available features when signing up to Kyso for teams.
What your business gets on signup
1. Single Sign-on
Secure access with existing Google or SAML credentials. Scale to everyone around the business quickly and effectively.
2. Full Access Control
Select which functionalities are available to different team members, technical or non-technical.
3. Beautiful Presentation
Auto-rendering of the technical documents used by analysts as presentable data-based reports.
4. Discussion & Feedback
Comment and collaborate directly on individual reports or initiate project-wide & general discussions.
5. Indexing & Organization
Gamification acts as an auto-indexer & keeps team members engaged. Channels and tagging keep your content organised.
6. Measure impact & success
Activity metrics provide clarity on what people need around the business, what they are searching for, which projects are making an impact, allowing teams to produce more effective, relevant content.